Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After completing TXI on threader - odd behavior
02-11-2014, 02:12 PM
​After completing TXIs for the current contact using the threader, it appears that the system goes to the contact with the oldest alarmed activity for any user not just the logged in user.  Wonder why not just going to the oldest for the current user or just staying on the current contact wouldn't be more appropriate?

Steven's response -- Odd; why would it move at all? I’d like to see this happen sometime, it does not happen to me.

Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: After completing TXI on threader - odd behavior
Sounds like GoldMine (in the foreground) reacting to the completing of activities that's actually occurring in the "other session," the GoldSMS session. Try this with the GoldMine alarms "suspended" next time.
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2014, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 05:32 PM by Paul Laufer.)
This snippet from an earlier email between myself and Steven Graff may explain the behavior.

===CUT===
I sent in a half dozen txt messages.  Steve was on my contact record and brought up threader.  At the same time the GoldMine Alarm screen was up.  He completed all TXI messages via threader and then behind threader GoldMine jumped to another contact record.  When looking at that contact record it had a very old alarmed activity.  We assumed it might have been the oldest alarm, as it was alarmed for a few years ago. 

This may have been an artifact of interaction between Threader and GoldMine's alarm window too, because while Threader was busy completing the alarms we watched as GoldMine's alarm window updated one at a time... the alarmed activities appearing to be "draining away" if you will.  It could be that once all of the alarmed activities for Paul Laufer drained away, GoldMine's alarm window ended up sitting on that old alarmed activity, which caused the contact window to refresh.  This could explain the observed behavior.

After further investigation, I think that there *IS* something non-optimal going on with [Complete TXI's] on Threader.  I'm using GoldSMS 1.1.075 and Threader 1.10.036.  I used Threader to complete several activites on the current contact.  I had no other dialog screens up.  GoldMine was sitting at the contact window on the Pending tab.  When Threader was finished completing the activities, GoldMine jumped to a different record.

Confirmed this behavior.  Sent 4 new TXT messages to myself.  GoldMine sitting on pending tab, and I see the 4 messages.  Bring up Threader and see the 4 messages (which display out of order BTW).  Complete TXI's and after the last one is completed, GoldMine jumps to a different record.
02-12-2014, 08:53 AM
I found a bug that was causing a wrong count to be entered, and that is now fixed. Presumably that will solve this problem.
02-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your persistence on this one... I believe I have finally killed it.

02-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Confirm that using Threader v1.10.039 the unusual "extra" history record that we observed yesterday is not created.
02-20-2014, 06:25 PM
For the technically inclined out there... this problem was a result of an extra record delimeter at the trailing end of a "list." Mischief resulted 'til it was purged.